One of our goals at UNCG is to encourage minors in their journey into higher education. Through our many youth programs, we strive to engage young minds through innovative, interactive and transformative learning experiences that will teach them to approach learning as a shared responsibility. Throughout these programs they are taught to explore future careers, discover hidden talents and excel in academics.
As per UNCG Youth Programs Policy, we are committed to providing a safe and welcoming experience for minors while engaged in UNCG activities. With that in mind we have established the following insurance requirements for both University operated programs and third party sponsored programs being held on campus or other UNCG facilities.
UNCG Operated Programs
All UNCG operated programs must be reported to the Office of Institutional Risk Management and will be added to our University Camp Accident insurance policy which has a quarterly report that must be completed by each camp sponsor.
Tammy Downs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (336) 470-1323.
Third Party Sponsored Programs
All organizations/facility users who host camps on the UNCG campus or any UNCG facility are required to be insured and carry at least the following minimum insurance naming UNCG and the State of North Carolina as additional insured. A certificate of insurance must be provided by the third party at least 30 days prior to the event.
- ❖ General Liability with a limit of liability not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence combined single limit.
- ❖ Sexual Abuse/Molestation Liability with a separate limit of liability not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence combined single limit.
- ❖ Damage to Premises with a limit not less than $300,000.
- ❖ Accident Insurance with a limit not less than $100,000.
- ❖ Automobile Liability with a limit not less than $1,000,000 each accident.
- ❖ Worker’s Compensation as prescribed by the laws of the State of North Carolina.